In my article “how to meditate effectively“, I showed you the process of entering meditation and how to keep focus.
Here I will show you step by step on how to get into the meditative state in a minute or less. This is a guide to instant meditation.
Guide to Instant Meditation
There are 2 ways to get into instant meditation: Listen to brainwave entrainment or Anchoring Technique.
Use Brainwave Entrainment
Brainwave entrainment (BWE) is a tool which gives you the brainwave frequencies needed for your brain to enter the meditative state. It uses rhythmic beats to adjust the frequency of your brain state, altering your consciousness.
Since the theta or delta state is too low of a frequency for the human ear to hear, it uses binaural beats and isochronic tones to get your brain to adjust to the frequencies.
As your brain adjusts to the frequencies, you go right into the meditative state.
Is Brainwave Entrainment safe?
Your brainwaves frequency are always changing moment to moment just as how your mood are constantly changing.
We know that some songs makes us motivated while others are very soothing. Sound frequencies can affect our state of mind and listening to brainwave entrainment is as normal as listening to the sound of nature.
Steps to Instant Meditation using Brainwave Entrainment
- Look for Meditation Binaural Beats or Meditation Isochronic Tones
- Listen with headphone/earphones (*important*),
- Relax and watch you go into instant meditation.
This is extremely useful if you have never done meditation or have struggled with it for some time.
Brainwave entrainment only works temporarily and will go away when you are done using it. Since it is only a tool, familiarize yourself with meditation on how to use it to maintain focus.
Anchoring for Meditation
In NLP, anchoring is making links and associations through a stimulus – it could be an image, sound, touch or a taste. Anchoring the meditative state allows you to save your state of mind through repetitive use of stimulus.
We say that you can forget what someone has done but can never forget how something made you feel.
For anchoring, your touch becomes your memory. Only now, you get to recall at will.
Anchoring the state of Meditation
1. Learn how to meditate effectively.
2. When the feeling is at its peak, anchor the state. It could be rubbing your earlobe or a tap on your fingers. The more intense, the better the outcome. The stimulus must…
- Be unique and easy to remember.
- Be at its strongest state. You will know the feeling by how different it feels and the level of its intensity.
- Be repeatable. It should be exactly as how you performed it.
3. Break the state by returning your focus back to normal or step out of place. You can do something else, you just need to get your mind out of the current state of mind.
4. Repeat steps 1-3. Applying it often strengthens your association of the state of mind.
5. Test your new association by firing your anchor.
Bam! You go back to the meditative state. It is like having a nostalgic trip to your old family photo that was heavily buried in the attic.
Here are the highlights:
- Listen to brainwaves entrainment
- Anchor the state
For beginners, you can do both the brainwave entrainment and the anchoring technique to get into instant meditation.