Can you recall your dreams?
Are you someone who never remembers their dreams?
Do you want to know how to remember your dreams?
We all have dreams. People who say they never have dreams simply don’t remember them. Sometimes people can only recall one vivid dream and not the rest.
But we all have them every night.
By learning from dreams, we can recall useful information we might not have noticed in our waking life.
We can understand our world within and make a positive change in our life.
How to Remember Your Dreams
Before dreaming, take some preparation for sleeping.
- You need to get a good night sleep
Get good nutrition, take warm shower, and don’t be stressed. Limit caffeine, alcohol, exercise, television or computer screens, and exercise before going to sleep.
Generally prepare for a good quality sleep.
- Have a dream journal close by
We may have multiple dreams in one night. Having a dream journal allows us to remember the most of our dreams before we forget.
- Use an alarm clock to wake you up if you sleep too long
Set the alarm at 90 minutes intervals since that is the REM period. Waking up at the wrong hour will hinder sleep quality.
If you wake up at the wrong hour, you will not be energized and, thus, affect your ability to remember.
- Right before you fall asleep, tell yourself “I will remember my dreams”
- When you wake up, the first thing you say is “I remember…”
Your mind will start to fill in the spaces. Dream recalling is a practice and with persistence, we can remember our dreams easily and every day.
- Become aware of your senses
- Lie still when you wake up
- Train yourself to remember other parts of the day
One last thing I want to mention is that remembering your dreams should be the last and the first thing on your mind.